OSH Park Docs
1 Layer Prototype Service
While we cannot fabricate true single-layer boards, we support single layer designs on our 2 layer fabrication service. The cost, stackup, specs, and turn time are identical to that of the 2 layer service.
Our automated upload service expects all files to contain gerber data for a 2 layer design. This often results in errors when trying to place an order.
In many cases, this issue can be resolved by configuring the design tool to output data for a 2 layer design. If only the manufacturing files are available, this usually requires a few files to be copied and modified. Our Uploading 1 layer boards page has a guide on doing this.
$5 per square inch, which includes three copies of your design. For example, a 2 square inch board would cost $10 and you’d get three copies of your board. You can order as many copies as you want, as long as they’re in multiples of three.
Orders are sent to fabrication daily, and will ship within 10-12 days.
You can get a quote, approve a design, and pay for an order at OSH Park.
For a faster turn time, you may be interested in our Super Swift Service.
Need more than 100 square inches of boards? Our 2 Layer Medium Run Service is a less expensive option for larger orders.
2 Layer PCB Specs
- 6 mil minimum trace width
- 6 mil minimum trace spacing
- 10 mil minimum drill
- 5 mil annular ring
- PCB thickness of 1.6mm (.063”)
- 1oz copper on both sides (1.4mil, 35um)
- ENIG (gold) finish for superior soldering and environmental resistance.
- Solder resist and silkscreen on both sides.
- Minimum 15 mil keepout distance from traces to the board edge.
- PCB substrate is FR4 (170 Tg).
- PCB substrate is compatible with a lead-free process.
- The boards themselves are also lead free and RoHS compliant.
- PCB Substrate dielectric constant of 4.6 at 1MHz.
- Minimum 4 mil soldermask web.
- Maximum soldermask expansion, retraction, or shift is 3mil.
- Minimum 100 mil width on internal cutouts. See our Slots page for further information.
- Manufactured in the United States.
- Castellations are allowed, but not officially supported.
- Non-plated slots wider than 100 mil are not officially supported.
- Plated slots and smaller slots are possible, but not officially supported. See our Slots page for more.
2 Layer Stackup
|1.4 mil||1 oz copper|
|1.4 mil||1 oz copper|
2 layer Drill Specs
- Minimum 10 mil drills with 5 mil annular rings.
- Maximum plated hole size is 265 mils. Unplated holes do not have a maximum size.